When it comes to halting hair loss, men and women now have a multitude of options available to treat balding and thinning hair, from natural remedies and oral medications to PRP mesotherapy and FUE hair transplants. Because everyone going through hair loss is experiencing unique symptoms, we created a How To Stop Hair Loss guide that addresses several different types of hair loss causes and a variety of hair loss treatments.
To help you zone in on the best hair loss treatments, we have set up this hair loss guide in terms of commonly asked questions on the internet about female hair loss and male hair loss. We hope you find a solution to your hair loss that helps. If you want to speak to an Este Turkey hair loss expert, then send us a message through our website.
How To Stop Hair Loss?
The most effective way to stop hair loss is to diagnose what type of hair loss condition you have. By letting a hair loss specialist examine your hair loss symptoms, you are in a much better position to start the most beneficial treatment suited to your type of hair loss.
A hair loss professional or hair loss surgeon will collect information on family history of hair loss, do hormone blood tests if necessary, as well they will ask you about your grooming and beauty goals so they can recommend the most effective hair loss treatment. To stop hair loss, it is key to find out what is causing hair loss in the first place.
Advances in hair loss science, hair loss therapy, technology and hair restoration surgery means retaining the hair you have, regrowing it, and replacing hair is absolutely possible.
How To Stop Hair Loss In Men?
As mentioned above, before you begin buying hair tonics, or trying wacky TikTok hair growth solutions, we strongly recommend you have a professional hair loss consultation at a reputable hair loss clinic. Once the type of hair loss you have is identified, you will be in a much better place to choose the best hair restoration treatment for your goals.
For the best male hair loss solutions, it is helpful to know that not all hair loss is the same; therefore, hair restoration solutions need to be tailored to your type of hair loss. Types of male hair loss include:
- Male pattern baldness or androgenetic alopecia
- Severe stress or telogen effluvium
- Receding hairline
- General thinning
- Thinning crown
Top Hair Loss Treatments For Men Available At Este Medical
How To Stop Female Hair Loss?
The most effective way to restore hair loss is to first find out what type of hair loss you are experiencing. Once you know if it is alopecia or stress related hair loss, you will be in a much better position to find the most appropriate treatment.
Just like with men, women are advised to have a professional hair loss consultation to discover their type of hair loss. Once the type of hair loss is established, the most effective treatment can be recommended (e.g., laser hair therapy for women).
What types of hair loss can women experience?
- Female pattern hair loss or androgenetic alopecia
- PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Diffuse hair loss or chronic telogen effluvium
- Alopecia areata
- Traction alopecia
- Severe stress or telogen effluvium
How to stop hair loss in women: the key to effective and long-term hair restoration is finding out what type of hair loss you have. The best way to do that is with a professional hair loss assessment at a reputable hair loss clinic.
Best Hair Treatments For Women Available At Este Medical
- FUE hair transplant for women
- Unshaven or Long Hair Transplant
- PRP mesotherapy hair injections
- Laser light regrowth therapy
Different Types Of Hair Loss Scenarios & What You Can Do
How to stop hair loss after surgery?
Regardless of gender, sometimes after a surgery people can experience hair loss. Here are 3 ways to treat post-surgery hair loss:
- Talk to your family doctor if using minoxidil is okay after surgery
- Surgery can affect blood circulation, try hair injections or microneedling to the boost hair growth cycle
- Laser light regrowth therapy is effective at stimulating hair follicles into active growth
How to stop hair fall after weight loss?
When men and women have weight loss, especially from stress, they might also experience hair falling out (e.g., hair shedding). Here’s what can be done about it.
- Add more protein to a healthy food diet, or take protein supplements to boost hair growth
- Ask your doctor about appropriate vitamin and mineral supplements
- Have platelet-rich plasma micro hair injections (i.e., PRP mesotherapy)
- Engage in stress-reducing activities like yoga and meditation
How to stop hair loss from stress?
Telogen effluvium is a type of hair loss that can result from extreme physical stress or emotional shock. Stress-related hair loss usually starts about 3 months after a traumatic experience. Signs to look for include: increased hair shedding, thinning hair, and patches of missing hair. Here are some solutions to treat telogen effluvium hair loss:
- Practice relaxation techniques like deep breathing and meditation
- Eat a balanced whole foods diet
- Seek professional therapeutic help
- Have scalp massages or Ayurvedic head massage treatments
- Increase blood circulation to scalp with non-surgical laser regrowth treatments
How to stop hair loss after pregnancy?
Hair loss can be a common issue for women after giving birth (i.e., postnatal hair loss). Hair shedding is normal after being pregnant, for up to one year, but if after a year normal hair fullness is not back to normal, then you may want to try the following solutions for pregnancy hair loss:
- For starters, use a shampoo and conditioner that add volume
- Talk to your family doctor about adding more vitamin E and biotin to your diet
- Boost blood flow to the scalp using non-invasive low-level light therapy
- Try natural PRP hair injections that use your own platelet-rich plasma
How to stop hair loss during menopause?
As females get older, hormone levels impact hair growth during menopause, as estrogen and progesterone levels drop. Hair becomes finer and thinner as follicles shrink, hair grows more slowly and falls out more frequently. Here are some solutions to menopause hair loss:
- Stop a receding hairline and replace hair along center part with FUE hair transplant
- Boost hair volume by increasing blood flow to the scalp, have laser regrowth treatments
- Nourish hair follicles and promote new hair growth with non-surgical mesotherapy
How to stop PCOS hair loss?
First of all, what is PCOS hair loss? PCOS stands for Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome: this is a hair loss condition that females experience. It is a hormone disorder that causes hair thinning and hair loss (e.g., female pattern hair loss). PCOS can result in a hormone imbalance that affects hair follicles by shrinking and shortening the hair, which makes it easier to fall out. The best PCOS hair solutions address stimulating hair growth, for instance:
- Talk to your family doctor about medications that lower androgen levels
- Stay at a healthy weight and avoid high-carbohydrate foods
- Lower blood sugar levels by increasing exercise
- Look into having a FUE hair transplant for women
- Try non-surgical laser hair restoration treatments
- Have PRP mesotherapy hair injections to stimulate hair follicles
The Sooner You Start Addressing Hair Loss, The Sooner You Can Stop It!
We covered a lot of different types of hair loss, and how men and women can stop it! We provided a variety of natural and healthy lifestyle adjustments to stop hair loss, as well as non-surgical and surgical hair loss solutions to restore your hair.
If you are interested in discussing a hair loss solution at our hair loss clinic in Turkey, then send us a hair loss appointment request to get started on your hair loss restoration journey with Este Medical in Turkey!