Our team of highly experienced doctors and our board-certified top LASIK Surgeons want to get you back to the life you once enjoyed.
What is LASIK?
LASIK, commonly referred to as laser eye surgery, is a type of laser vision correction used to correct common vision problems such as farsightedness, nearsightedness and astigmatism. Reinanage Health in Turkey offers bladeless LASIK.
How Does it Work?
In most cases, laser eye surgery in Turkey is pain-free and completed within 15 minutes for both eyes. The results — improved vision without eyeglasses or contact lenses — can usually be seen in as little as 24 hours.
- First, your eye surgeon uses either a mechanical surgical tool called a microkeratome or a femtosecond laser to create a thin, circular “flap” in the cornea.
- The surgeon then folds back the hinged flap to access the underlying cornea (called the stroma) and removes some corneal tissue using an excimer laser.
- This highly specialized laser uses a cool ultraviolet light beam to remove (“ablate”) microscopic amounts of tissue from the cornea to reshape it so it more accurately focuses light on the retina for improved vision.
- For nearsighted people, the goal is to flatten the cornea; with farsighted people, a steeper cornea is desired.
- Excimer lasers also can correct astigmatism by smoothing an irregular cornea into a more normal shape.
- After the laser reshapes the cornea, the flap is then laid back in place, covering the area where the corneal tissue was removed.
- Laser eye surgery requires only topical anesthetic drops, and no bandages or stitches are required.
Ask the Expert
Our experts answer all your questions.